World Meat Free DayOur Favourite Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
According to www.worldmeatfreeday.com , if 10 million people (that’s less than one percent of the global population) switch the meat in one meal, for a vegetarian option on World Meat Free Day it would:
- Reduce enough CO2 emissions to drive around the world 2,438 times
- Save 885 million calories…
- …And 48 tonnes of Sat Fat – the weight of 3.5 Big Bens
- Save up to 5,700 acres of land – the equivalent of 89,000 tennis courts
- Reduce water usage by 13 million tonnes – equivalent to 5,000 Olympic swimming pools
We are still scratching our heads here at PAREdown as we realize that World Meat Free Day is a new initiative. June 15th, 2015 is the first ever World Meat Free Day. In our effort to support awareness of the environmental impacts created by meat consumption, we have put together a list of a few favourite vegetarian/vegan recipes.
Serious Eat’s Korean Fried Cauliflower
Waiting for unwrapped cauliflower to arrive at farmers markets and grocery stores makes adding this recipe feel like a bit of a tease. However this is definitely one to try when this veggie makes it’s seasonal appearance!
We hope we have been able to get your salivary glands going and “wake up” the little veggie in you. Our families have committed to eating two to three vegetarian meals a week. We are always looking for inspiration so please share your favorite vegetarian recipes with us below!